This anthurium, very popular as a houseplant, captivates with its velvety leaves with their striking white leaf veins. The heart-shaped form of the leaves has also given it the romantic name heartleaf flower.
The product photos show examples of the plant. You will receive a specimen that matches the product photos in size, shape and colouring.
- Growth type: upright
- Origin: subtropical & tropical forests of Mexico
- Other names: Heartleaf flower, flamingo flower, tail flower, tailflower
Ben's tips on plant care:
Sow the seeds about 3cm apart on peat soil, but do not cover with soil. Always keep the soil slightly moist, cover with a glass or cling film. Place pot in a bright, warm place at approx. 20° C. Germination period approx. 10-12 days.
- Position/light requirements: partial shade, avoid direct sunlight
- Substrate: Ben's Philodendron & Monstera Soil or epiphyte substrate if cultured in terrarium
- Temperature: optimal at 26° C (day), approx. 18° C (night), do not let cool down below 12° C
- Watering: if kept in a pot, water once a week when the upper substrate layer becomes dry, less frequently in winter, ensure drainage, use lukewarm and low-calcium water
- Humidity: needs high humidity
- Nutrient addition: fertilise moderately every 6-8 weeks in spring/summer.
- Grows slowly, can be repotted after 2-3 years when the soil is densely rooted and dries out more quickly.